New York Motor Vehicle Dealers
Dealer License Fees:
- Coming Soon
New York Dealer Surety Bond
Established dealers who sold less the 200 vehicles must post a dealer bond in the amount of $10,000. Dealers who sold 200 or more in the previous calender ear are required to post a $25,000 surety bond. Any new dealer applicant most provide a $50,000 bond.
- Bond: Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- Obligee: Department of Motor Vehicles
- Obligee Address: PO Box 2700, Albany, New York 12220
- Required Expiration Date of Dealer Bond: N/A
- Surety Bond: This bond is Continuous, it requires no Continuation Certificate
- Bond Form Revision Date: 6/2000
Bad Credit Program for Auto Dealers
New York MVD’s with a low credit scores, or public records on their personal credit report (Bankruptcy, Liens, Collection, or Civil Judgments) may find a difficult time getting bonded. Bryant Surety Bonds, Inc offers a Bad Credit Surety Bond Program that is specially tailored to your needs and can get you approved. This program is available for all bad credit Auto Dealers.
*Information for state licensing is provided as a guide, always verify with the state that the information is correct.
How to apply:
1.) Visit the commercial application page.
2.) Complete our online application.