On Thursday, the 31st of July, the Congressed passed the new highway bill, which is to ensure funding for the Highway Trust Fund until the end of May. The only thing keeping the new bill from becoming law is the signature of President Obama.
The House voted 272 to 150 on a motion to “disagree” with the Senate’s changes to the bill. This vote let the matter to be resolved by the Senate. They now need to choose either to pass the amended version of the bill or let the High Way Trust Fund dry out of money.
Read the entire article at overdriveonline.com.
Latest posts by Todd Bryant (see all)
- The Proposed Safer Trucks and Buses Act: What It Could Mean for Freight Brokers - October 6, 2014
- 6 Great Trucking Community Blogs You Should Follow - September 10, 2014
- How to Lower Your Freight Broker Bond Cost: 7 Great Tips - September 8, 2014
- Top 6 Costs of Becoming a Freight Broker - September 4, 2014
- US Economy Expands More than Previously Projected - August 29, 2014