Get your free copy
- Step-by-step instructions on getting your business registration in Alabama
- Information on licensing requirements for all dealer license types
- Overview of the costs associated with getting licensed and bonded
- A printable checklist with all licensing requirements for your convenience!
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Overview
- 1.2. Dealer license types
2. Alabama business registration requirements
- 2.1. Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- 2.2. Register your business structure and legal and trade name
- 2.3. If hiring, get a Workers Compensation Insurance
3. Dealer Licensing
3.1. Licensing requirements
- 3.1.1. Meet business location criteria
- 3.1.2. Ensure that you meet all licensing criteria
- 3.1.3. File your application and documents and pay relevant fees
- 3.1.4. Become a designated agent (new and/or used dealers)
- 3.1.5. Apply for your privilege license with your county’s probate office
- 3.1.6. Purchase your dealer plates
- 3.2. License Renewal
- 4.1. What is an auto dealer bond?
- 4.2. How much does the auto dealer bond cost?
- 4.3. How to get bonded?
About bryant surety bonds
Appendix: Printable licensing checklists