Get your free copy
- Step-by-step instructions on getting your business registration in Mississippi
- Information on licensing requirements for all dealer license types
- Overview of the costs associated with getting licensed and bonded
- A printable checklist with all licensing requirements for your convenience!
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Overview
- 1.2. Dealer license types
2. Mississippi business registration requirements
- 2.1. Pick a business type
- 2.2. Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- 2.3. Register with the Secretary of State (SoS)
- 2.4. Register with the Mississippi Department of Revenue (DoR) and your county
3. Dealer Licensing
3.1. Licensing requirements
- 3.1.1. Secure a business location and comply with local zoning ordinances
- 3.1.2. Comply with facility requirements (does not apply to wholesale dealers!)
- 3.1.3. Pass a dealer education seminar (used and wholesale dealer license applicants only!)
- 3.1.4. Obtain motor vehicle liability insurance (used and wholesale dealer license applicants only!)
- 3.1.5. Enter into a franchise authorization agreement (new vehicle dealer license applicants only!)
- 3.1.6. Get an auto dealer surety bond
- 3.1.7. Complete your license application and attach all additional documents
- 3.1.8. Pay fees and submit your application
- 3.2. License Renewal
- 4.1. What is an auto dealer bond?
- 4.2. How much does the auto dealer bond cost?
- 4.3. How to get bonded?
About bryant surety bonds
Appendix: Printable licensing checklists