Get your free copy
- Step-by-step instructions on getting your business registration in Missouri
- Information on licensing requirements for all dealer license types
- Overview of the costs associated with getting licensed and bonded
- A printable checklist with all licensing requirements for your convenience!
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Overview
- 1.2. Dealer license types
2. Missouri business registration requirements
- 2.1. Pick a business type
- 2.2. Register with the Secretary of State (SoS)
- 2.3. Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- 2.4. Register with the Missouri Department of Revenue (DoR) and your county
3. Dealer Licensing
3.1. Licensing requirements
- 3.1.1. Secure a business location and comply with local zoning ordinances
- 3.1.2. Comply with facility requirements
- 3.1.3. Complete a criminal background check
- 3.1.4. Obtain garage liability insurance
- 3.1.5. Pass a Dealer Educational Seminar (used dealer license applicants only!)
- 3.1.6. Enter into a franchise authorization agreement (new vehicle dealer license applicants only!)
- 3.1.7. Get a $50,000 auto dealer surety bond
- 3.1.8. Pass a dealership inspection
- 3.1.9. Complete your license application and attach all additional documents
- 3.1.10. Pay fees and submit your application
- 3.2. License Renewal
- 4.1. What is an auto dealer bond?
- 4.2. How much does the auto dealer bond cost?
- 4.3. How to get bonded?
About bryant surety bonds
Appendix: Printable licensing checklists