Get your free copy
- Step-by-step instructions on getting your business registration in North Carolina
- Information on licensing requirements for all dealer license types
- Overview of the costs associated with getting licensed and bonded
- A printable checklist with all licensing requirements for your convenience!
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Overview
- 1.2. Dealer license types
2. North Carolina business registration requirements
- 2.1. Pick a business name and type
- 2.2. Register with your county or the SoS
- 2.3. Obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- 2.4. Register with the North Carolina Department of Revenue (NCDOR)
3. Dealer Licensing
3.1. Licensing requirements
- 3.1.1. Secure a business location and comply with local zoning ordinances
- 3.1.2. Comply with location requirements
- 3.1.3. Obtain a Traders License
- 3.1.4. Pass a licensing course (for used vehicle dealers only!)
- 3.1.5. Obtain insurance
- 3.1.6. Schedule a location inspection
- 3.1.7. Obtain an auto dealer surety bond
- 3.1.8. Complete your license application and attach additional documents
- 3.1.9. Submit your application and pay fees
- 3.1. License Renewal
- 4.1. What is an auto dealer bond?
- 4.2. How much does the auto dealer bond cost?
- 4.3. How to get bonded?
About bryant surety bonds
Appendix: Printable licensing checklists