Arizona Auto Dealer License Requirements
The State of Arizona applies a permanent four digit code to all new and used motor vehicle dealers. Renewal of licensing is annual.
Dealer License Fees:
- $100 for original license and annual fee
- $50 Branch license fee per location within a county
- $15 Filing fee (per application)
- $10 Provisional
- $24 Background investigation fee (per individual)
Arizona Dealer Surety Bond
A Surety Bond in the amount of $100,000 is required for new and used auto dealers. A $25,000 Bond is required for brokers, wholesalers, auctioneers and title companies.
- Bond: Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- Obligee: Motor Vehicle Division
- Obligee Address: PO Box 2100, Phoenix, Arizona 85001
- Required Expiration Date of Dealer Bond: N/A
- Surety Bond: Bond is Continuous and does not require Continuation Certificate
- Bond Form Revision Date: 1/2004
Bad Credit Program for Auto Dealers
Arizona Auto Dealers with a low credit scores, or public records on their personal credit report (Bankruptcy, Liens, Collection, or Civil Judgments) may find a difficult time getting bonded. Bryant Surety Bonds, Inc offers a Bad Credit Surety Bond Program that is specially tailored to your needs and can get you approved. This program is available for all high risk Auto Dealers.
*Information for state licensing is provided as a guide, always verify with the state that the information is correct.
How to apply:
1.) Visit the commercial application page.
2.) Complete our online application.